2022 is coming to a close and so many things have happened since February of this year and our release, after the passing of Mark Greaves in 2020.
Looking back we have:
- Moved from Ubuntu to Debian and Devuan
- We have increased the value of choice for building a distribution your way.
- We have replaced ICE with Kumo.
- We still kept the 32bit builds
- Fully implemented XFCE
- Implemented the Calamares installer
- Took on a DevOps culture with our developers and community
- Support CodeBerg a fully FOSS organization for development
- Moved our forums to SourceForge
There are more but those are just a few.
The reason for this posting its to reflect on this new chapter in Peppermint’s direction. and to also say a very big heart felt thank you to all the community and contributors, that help keep us going. Its the community that really makes Peppermint, for that we want to thank you for all that you do.
As for 2023 there are a few things that are on the to do list early on:
- Prep upgrade paths for Devuan and Debian builds
- Keep improving Kumo
- Prep a Zoned Storage ready ISO
- Keep improving the Hub and Welcome tools
- Get ready for the XFCE 4.18 release.
There is a longer list, those are just a few to start the year off with
It has been a great adventure, thank you all for sticking with us, and making a difference.
The Peppermint Team